Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Not a good photo, but a good wine!

October 15, 2007
Apparently I need to take the camera away from Matt. I occasionally ask him to take a picture of the wine for me because he is opening it and pouring it and I am curled on the couch and too lazy to move. This is latest result, see my birthday post for what was supposed to be a picture of the cake.....

The wine was 2006 Doukenie Sauvignon Blanc that we picked up on our visit to Doukenie this summer. It cost us $16.20, had a real cork closure and clocked in at 12.5% alcohol by volume. The wine was finished in neutral barrels.

Overall, the wine was light and crisp. It showed grass and tropical fruit on the nose. In the mouth the wine was very tropical, with pears and a crisp finish. This was my favorite from our visit to Doukenie. I normally don't care for a Sauvignon Blanc that has seen oak, but I do really like this bottle. I think it's the first Sauvignon Blanc I've seen from a VA winery and I'm fairly impressed!

4 comments:

  1. MonkuWino said...

    I think Matt and I went to the same photography school, lol. As always, I enjoyed reading your post!

    10/15/07, 11:39 AM  

  2. Sonadora said...

    Thanks Monku!

    10/15/07, 8:36 PM  

  3. Anonymous said...

    I tried this wine at the Virginia Wine Festival and it was the best Sauvignon Blanc that I had there, not that there were many. I found it interesting to try one that had been barrel aged, but I think I am with you in preferring the standard steel approach.

    10/16/07, 9:38 PM  

  4. Sonadora said...

    I much prefer the stainless ones Chris!

    10/25/07, 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment