Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Dear UPS

October 6, 2007
Riddle me this: If I am not home for you to deliver to during business hours and your pick-up center is not open on Saturdays, how in the world am I supposed to get my package from you?

Additionally, you yet again left a notice on my door claiming that it was your second attempt to deliver to my house. Really? Because I would think that I would have noticed the large piece of sticky paper that you affix to my front door if you had in fact attempted to deliver to my house before yesterday.

Since this is your second transgression of the exact same manner, not to mention some other hoops you put me through when I had a front desk in my apartment building whose sole purpose was pretty much to sign for packages for residents, yet you still on occasion would refuse to leave my package, I will now be inquiring to see if my wine clubs will ship through your competitor, FedEx. At least their center is open on Saturdays so I have some chance of rescuing my stuff.

I believe that you purposefully do this to me on long weekends, as the last time this happened it was also a long weekend, when my wine is going to have to sit in your warehouse for an extra three days, rotting because you clearly do not cater to people who god forbid, don't get home before 7pm from work. I'll see you on Tuesday, when I will have to leave work early to retrieve my wine.

Regards, a very unsatisfied customer,
Sonadora

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    From what we've experienced with our customers, FedEx is actually worse, delivering to the wrong addresses and late far more than UPS. Sorry babe. Hope it works for you.

    10/6/07, 4:34 PM  

  2. John Witherspoon said...

    HERE HERE!!!!!!!!

    10/6/07, 6:35 PM  

  3. allan said...

    I just have all my packages sent to work...it is just easier to have the receptionist deal with it and pick them up from her :).

    10/6/07, 8:59 PM  

  4. Anonymous said...

    Fed-Ex Ground/Home Delivery is actually less expensive for shippers, and I have found them to be reliable. I hate coming home to those "attempted delivery" stickers too. Best solution is really having things shipped to a business address, or to a wine storage facility that receives shipments for people with lockers. Don't know if that exists near you.

    10/8/07, 12:50 AM  

  5. Sonadora said...

    Really Linds? I've had more trouble with UPS than anything else.

    Thanks for the support John!

    Allan and Jill, I wish I could ship to work, but the government doesn't look kindly on getting personal shipments of anything, and of alcohol in particular....Jill, not sure if such a thing exists here, you might be spoiled out there in CA!! :)

    10/8/07, 8:47 AM  

  6. Anonymous said...

    or you could do what dr. debs does...get a mail box or something at a mail boxes etc., and use it as a virtual address so somebody is always there to sign for you. I think as long as it's not P.O. Box that wineries and stores are fine with this system.

    10/8/07, 6:43 PM  

  7. s. said...

    I like to complain, too. Good luck.

    PS. John Witherspoon, it's "hear hear".

    10/9/07, 12:23 AM  

  8. Anonymous said...

    Do note that the adhesive on the notices isn't as good as it should be; I've had several blow right off the door.

    The UPS depot might offer "same day will call"; if you call the 800 number and select this option, they reopen later in the evening (around 8 P.M. IIRC) to hand out will call parcels.

    10/12/07, 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment