Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Hanging around the Domaine

October 18, 2007
*Disclaimer: I received this wine in a sample pack from Domaine547 for my review.

Domine 547 that is.

The wine was a 2003 Vinas del Cenit Tempranillo, Castilla y Leon, Spain. Specifically from Vino de la Tierra de Zamora. The bottle had a real cork closure and is available from Domaine 547 for $19.99. Matt tossed the bottle before I could record the alcohol content, sorry folks. It's actually made from 100% Tempranillo grapes, which might be a first for me, many have something else blended in!

On the nose the wine was smoky with blackberries and black currants being the predominant fruits that showed through. The blackberry was big and jumped out of the glass. I also found spices, espresso, and bitter chocolate. The nose was very complex and once again Matt tried to steal the wine away from me! In the mouth the wine was silky. Blackberries, black cherries, anise, dark chocolate, and coffee came through in the flavor of the wine.

The smokiness of the wine was very unique. It was apparent in both the mouth and nose and added a very intriguing element to the the wine. Although the wine is drinking beautifully now, I think it could still have some time in the cellar and be even better. At such a low price from Domaine 547, this is an excellent bargain, especially since I see it selling elsewhere around the internet for anywhere from $30-$50!!

For the second time in recent memory I felt like I should be wearing a smoking jacket while drinking this wine, making deals in a back room. It was dark with lots of depth. And it just so happened that I was actually wearing the sweater that I refer to as my smoking jacket the night we drank this bottle! So I made Matt take a picture of me for you, the only thing missing is my computer which he made me put down for the picture.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    I like the fact that there are more pictures in your blog now (besides the ones of the wine bottles). :-)

    10/19/07, 1:18 PM  

  2. Anonymous said...

    love the "smoking sweater"...happy you enjoyed the vino!

    10/19/07, 4:44 PM  

  3. Sonadora said...

    Thanks Shantanu!

    Loved it Jill, looking forward to trying the others!

    10/25/07, 8:18 PM  

  4. Anonymous said...

    LOVE this wine -- Wine Exchange in LA had it for $19 a bottle as well.

    1/29/08, 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment