Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Bratwurst and Chardonnay?

October 1, 2007
Yes, I served bratwurst with Roshambo 2004 Imago Chardonnay. Not an elegant match to say the least, what can I say? I'm not always going for the perfect pair!

The wine came in a club shipment, cost us $15.20, had a real cork closure, and clocked in at 13.9% alcohol by volume.

On the nose I found lemon, minerals, wet stone, and pineapple. The nose was crisp and clean. In the mouth, lemons, pineapples, sweet orange. Overall the wine was crisp in the mouth with a nice finish. In typically me style in my tasting notes, I wrote "me likey" as my final note What can I say? Eloquent I am not always.

Very good value wine for the price on this one. (Another non-oaked Chardonnay, seems to be the theme these last few months!)

3 comments:

  1. Edward said...

    I am not sure what I would have tried with Bratwurst. Riesling or apple cider come to mind, but whether they would work is another question.

    10/1/07, 11:08 AM  

  2. Sonadora said...

    I would guess beer would be my best bet, I've tried a bunch of pairings with bratwurst as we eat quite a bit of it, with little success!

    10/1/07, 8:52 PM  

  3. GP said...

    I think you both are on the money. German whites are a good call with Brats, sauerkraut, potato & eggs. You might look for a spatlese level riesling. '04 was a good year with nice acidity & minerality.

    Sure is tough to beat a good beer though...

    10/1/07, 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment