Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Alliteration Anyone?

October 17, 2007
I crack myself up sometimes (and yes, I laugh at myself frequently...hey, at least I'm amusing someone....). But really, the was the first thought I had at the producer name "Frank Family." The wine of the evening was a 2005 Frank Family Chardonnay. This bottle was a gift from my dear friend Lindsay who very kindly sent me some wine for my birthday and tells me that this is her favorite Chardonnay ever.

The wine had a real cork closure, clocked in at 14.4% alcohol by volume, and and had a really cool bottle with the picture printed right on the bottle....I'm not sure my photography skills can do it justice. The bottle hails from Calistoga, CA.

On the nose I found vanilla spice, apples, toffee and oak. The aroma was nice and intriguing and I had to keep my nose in there for a while before I finally realized it was toffee I was smelling (toffee a.) isn't something I smell anywhere very often and b.) isn't something I've found in wine before). In the mouth I found slightly buttery apples, pears, and minerals.

Overall the wine was smooth and creamy. It made for some very easy drinking. I preferred it on it's own as opposed to with the dinner I prepared. I made a very creamy dish I call chicken roll-ups, and I think the cream needed a more acidic wine to cut through it. The wine got a thumbs up from both Matt and I on it's own after dinner.

Thanks Linds! :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Sounds like dessert, not a dry white wine.....

    10/19/07, 7:57 PM  

  2. Sonadora said...

    I guess it does sound a bit like dessert, but it was a dry white wine, I promise!

    10/25/07, 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment