Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

It's Still Summer

October 14, 2008
Or well, I'm pretending it is. The weather isn't helping either, as it's still in the 80s here. SO Rose weather reigns! I picked out one of the Roses from my 12 under $10 case from Total Wine and More. The 2007 Rserve Grand Veneur hails from the Cotes Du Rhone, clocked in at 13.5% alcohol by volume, and contains Grenache, Syrah, and Cinsault.
Reserve Grand Veneur

The wine looked like melted watermelon jolly ranchers in the glass. On the nose I found lime, raspberry, crab apple, and a slight spice. It smelled really good. In the mouth I got flavors of limes, strawberries, raspberries, and hard candy. The wine showed tart, crisp, and dry in the mouth. I found it quite refreshing and definitely a good simple wine for the price.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Hey Sonadora, the Grand Veneur sounds like a real treat! Thought you might be interested in a recommendation for another flavorful Cotes du Rhone wine. Our community writes some great reviews.
    http://www.wine.com/v6/community/UserReview.aspx?reviewid=4486&s=ptnr_blog&cid=ptnr_blog

    I agree with your friends - you're not a "wannabe" anymore. Love the blog!
    David

    10/15/08, 2:59 PM  

  2. Claire Uncorked said...

    Hey, I'm with you - I'm still drinking rose'! I don't plan to stop until late November, either...

    10/15/08, 9:52 PM  

  3. Sonadora said...

    Thanks David.

    Claire, I love Rose with Thanksgiving!

    10/31/08, 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment