Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Drinking from the Q

October 16, 2008
*Disclaimer: I received this bottle as a sample from WineQ because I am a member of their Beta Club.

We were looking for an after dinner wine the other night, something light and low in alcohol. The 2006 Ceja Sauvignon Blanc fit the bill nicely. You can buy this bottle from WineQ for $25.99, it clocks in a 12.9% alcohol by volume, and it had a real cork closure.

I loved the color on this wine. It had a great pale straw hue in the glass. On the nose I found aromas of grass, citrus, lime, lemon, grapefruit. The nose showed an incredible bouquet of tons of citrus. I love the grassy characteristic that California Sauvignon Blancs often have. In the mouth I got flavors of pineapple, star fruit, melon, lemon, grapefruit, and a nice herbal element.

Well chilled, this wine went perfectly with the muggy weather that we seem to still be having here in the DC swamp. As I said, we drank this on its own after dinner, but it would be perfect to whet your appetite as a before dinner drink.

2 comments:

  1. Vinogirl said...

    Good or bad, Amelia Ceja is one of the most energetic and dedicated promoter of her wines in Napa that I have witnessed.

    10/16/08, 11:53 PM  

  2. Sonadora said...

    I haven't met her yet, so I'll have to take your word for it!

    10/31/08, 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment