Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Two Contests and a Reminder

June 5, 2008
I've been getting some email lately about contests that I think might interest my readers.

The first comes from the blog Wine for Newbies. Andre is hosting a quiz on his blog with several prizes, including a food and wine pairing kit, and some cool coasters. All you need to do is pop on over and answer his questions about wine and send him your response before June 8! Here's the link to the quiz. Best of luck!

I also heard from Emily of Marx Foods yesterday. She contacted me because of my post about not having any salmon for a wine I was drinking! Her company is holding a summer salmon recipe contest and the prize is 15 pounds of wild caught salmon(shipped to you in 3 5lb shipments throughout the summer)! You can head on over to Marx Foods to submit your recipe by June 20.

And finally, a reminder. WBW #46 is next Wednesday! I failed to mention it earlier, but the good Dr. Debs over at Good Wine Under $20 is our host this month and she has chosen White Rhone Varietals as our theme. The twist is that the wine can come from anywhere in the world so long as it is made with a traditional Rhone white grape...so your Marsanne, Roussane, Viognier, etc. .....you can read all the details over at her WBW post. I'm excited for this one, as it's the first WBW since I hosted where I can just head on down to my basement and pluck a bottle from my shelves!

2 comments:

  1. David said...

    thanks for the contest tip, I just made some good salmon last night that is worth submitting (will post soon on cooking chat).

    6/9/08, 7:34 PM  

  2. Sonadora said...

    Great David, I hope you win!!

    6/10/08, 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment