Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Feeling Inspired

June 23, 2008
*Disclaimer: I received this bottle of wine as part of a Blogger trial of Bottlenotes.

The wine for the evening was a 2005 Inspiration Vineyards Zinfandel. It hails from the Alexander Valley, clocked in at 14.5% alcohol by volume, had a plastic cork closure, and can be purchased from Bottlenotes for $22.

On the nose I found currants, cedar, oak, earth, spice, cigars, pipe tobacco, red berries, and pepper. Very aromatic and layered nose for a Zinfandel. Color me impressed. In the mouth I found black cherry, blackberry, white pepper, and spice.

The wine was full of fresh fruit, especially the black cherry flavors. However, this was not by any stretch of the imagination a fruit bomb. The flavors were not all up in your face, instead, it was a really well integrated, very balanced Zinfandel. It could actually be a dangerous one, as I didn't feel like the alcohol content was even noticeable while I was drinking it. Overall, a smooth, balanced, delicious Zinfandel. I can easily recommend this one at this price point.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Inspiration is one of those increasingly rare cottage industry wineries. The owners are in their 2nd life careers and produce amazing wines in the middle of some big name Olivet Lane producers.

    I encourage you to try his pinots too for something different!

    6/23/08, 3:49 PM  

  2. Sonadora said...

    I will keep my eye out, this was a really great bottle of wine.

    6/29/08, 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment