Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Revisiting the Valley

June 13, 2008
Matua Valley that is! I first purchased this wine last year while out in California. That was the 2006 vintage and we really enjoyed it for its crisp refreshing nature. So when I saw the 2007 at Total Wine and More, I grabbed a bottle. The wine was a 2007 Matua Valley Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. It cost me $9.99, had a screw-cap, and clocked in at 13% alcohol by volume.

On the nose the peppers jumped out at me! After they blew off, I found grapefruit, citrus, asparagus, and lemon. In the mouth, the fruit was grapefruit all the way, with lemon, and an odd bit of pear. The wine was crisp and tart and perfect for our hot hot hot weather!

PS: Happy Friday the 13th! I'm off for the weekend to my college reunion, see you all on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    I had a very happy 13th.
    Foudn you on BlogExplosion.
    Your wine review reminds me of the movei Sideways.
    Looking forward to return visits
    Enjoy the reunion

    6/14/08, 1:57 PM  

  2. Sonadora said...

    Thanks for the comment! Come back soon!

    6/29/08, 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment