Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

When the Moon Hits Your Eyes like a Big Pizza Pie...

March 25, 2007
We've had some company with us this week, so I decided to make some homemade pizza as a slightly fancier mid-week dinner. And with it, we started out with a bottle of 2004 Alderbrook Carignane.

The wine came in a club shipment and didn't have a price, but the 2003 was $19, so I would guess it was around the same price. It was 14.1% alcohol by volume and had a real cork closure.

On the nose there were plums, dark berries, spice, leather and oddly enough, the scent of a forest. The aromas just kept coming as the glass sat out. In the mouth the wine was incredibly smooth and is drinking really well, though the layers of flavors make me think it could age for quite a bit longer. In the mouth there were dark fruits, black cherries and blackberries.

Overall the wine had a great mouth feel and I wish we had more of it hanging around. I picture this with pasta sauce based dishes, the spice would be a good compliment to the sauce.

I was poking around the Alderbrook website this afternoon and discovered that Alderbrook is part of the Terlato Wine Group. I wonder if it's possible that the one bottle of Terlato that we drank back in February came in a club shipment? It was a mystery to me as to where it came from since I am 100% positive that we did not go to the Terlato Vineyard and it has been driving me nuts ever since we drank it trying to figure out how it arrived in our wine rack. However, it might make sense that it came from an Alderbrook shipment since they are all part of the same group. I guess mystery solved, finally. Here's to hoping that I will no longer have the lapses of my spreadsheet now that I am faithfully using Cellar Tracker.

2 comments:

  1. winedeb said...

    Thanks Sonadora for the helpful hints on the organic wines. Nice to meet you and I am enjoying your site. Good to find another wine lover. Hope you will visit me often and leave comments as I am always in the market for something new to try!

    3/25/07, 4:31 PM  

  2. Sonadora said...

    Hi winedeb-Welcome to wine blogging! I will definitely stop back in again, you seem to post as much as I do :)

    3/26/07, 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment