Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

2005 Fritz Pinot Noir

March 23, 2007
Drank my 2005 Fritz Pinot Noir the other night with Roz's Zuppa Toscano. We had tried Pinot Noir with the soup before the match was a good one, so I didn't want to mess with success. And it was a good match, but I found this Pinot Noir to be a bit heavier in the mouth than I am used to for Pinot Noir.

The Fritz was 13.9% alcohol by volume, had a real cork closure and came in a club shipment so I have no idea how much it cost. We also have a bottle with "Clonal Select" written on it and I am not sure if they are the same thing...they have the same alcohol levels and since the actual science of winemaking escapes me, I have no idea if you could do bottlings with two different sets of grapes and come out with the exact same alcohol content.

On the nose of the wine were black cherries, raspberries and spice, and then strawberries a little later. In the mouth it was smooth, though as I mentioned it was heavier than I am used to for a Pinot Noir. Flavors in the mouth were mostly strawberries and I would describe this wine as a fruity red. I would also suggest letting it air a bit before drinking as it seemed to develop nicely in the glass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment