Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

A Rose for a Warm Day

March 24, 2007
And a soup too....not good for a warm day, but that's what we had as leftovers tonight. But it balanced out nicely with the rose, though I think soup days are over here.

The wine was a 2006 Hanna Jasmine. It came in a club shipment without a price, but it looks like you can get it for $14 from the Hanna website, it is 12.8% alcohol by volume and had a real cork closure.

Fresh strawberries were jumping out of the glass as I poured this wine. I really liked the aroma. In the mouth I found crisp strawberries and a little taste of lime.

It was great for our mid-70s weather and actually worked really well with the creamy soup, though I can definitely imagine it on a hot day as a really refreshing wine to drink.
The wine had nice acidity and good structure. It was very crisp and lively in the mouth. I liked it a lot and would definitely get it again, especially since the price was right, it made a good value.

0 comments:

Post a Comment