Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Pin Up Platinum

March 16, 2007
De la Montanya has an interesting concept for the labels for their Pin Up Collection. They let anyone (I think just females, but who knows?) from their wine club throw their name in the hat, literally, and then they draw the names for the models. Now, Matt said he wouldn't be thrilled if I tossed my name in, so I don't think you'll see me in a negligee on a wine bottle any time soon, but a cool idea nonetheless and a great way to get club members interested in the process.

Anywho, the Pin Up Platinum is a Pinot Gris from Christine's Vineyard. It is 14.1% alcohol by volume, had a real cork closure and only 135 cases were produced.

On the nose of this one I found spiced peaches, pears and a tropical note. The nose was very aromatic and pleasant. In the mouth I got pears, clementines and tangerines. The wine had a nice long and tasty finish. Overall it was very light and crisp and would make a great summer sipper. It had good acidity and structure.

It went really well with our summery dinner, which was breadcrumb and parmasean encrusted Asian Basa Fillet over cheddar cheese and parmasean polenta with broccoli on the side. The acidity went well with the creamy polenta and the light wine was great with the flaky fish. I would drink this one now or soon. And with the weather in the 70s here this week, I'm all about the summer whites!

2 comments:

  1. Lee W said...

    Great review! I'll try to find some of this around Little Rock. Thanks for the get-well comment. It was much needed and in my latest post I mentioned the plague as well hoping for the CDC visit. I also added labels to my site after seeing how well they add to your site. Take care!

    3/16/07, 6:54 PM  

  2. Sonadora said...

    Hey Rob-

    I'm pretty impressed with the quality of De la Montanya wines overall. I have yet to sample their reds outside of the tasting room, though I read good things and may get around to ordering some soon. Hope you are now all better and back in the game!

    3/19/07, 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment