Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Two Days Late and a $ Short

January 7, 2007
My little notebook of wine tastings got left in the car when we were out buying wine on Saturday, so I'm a touch late with my Thursday night wine review. Today you get a picture of both the wine and the dinner, mainly because I'm extrememly proud of my pizza making skills, and two, to show my friends and family that I can cook (see, homemade crust and all!).

Normally I would pair a red with our pizza and I had a bottle of zinfandel inthe wine fridge that I had intended to serve with bbq pulled pork I made the other night. However, my heartburn was still raging and for some reason, although I know no alcohol is good for it, I thought perhaps a white might hurt less than a red? No real logic there, but in anycase...

The bottle was a 2005 Domaine Jouclary Sauvignon. Picked it up at Arrowine for $7.99 in our quest for everyday wine. It had a synthetic cork and weighs in 13% alcohol by volume. Melon on the nose, with a slight acidic note. In the mouth there was melon, lemon and a creamy feel. I almost want to say there was just a touch of a butterscotch taste in there. It was interesting for a $7.99 bottle of wine, I'd try it again.

2 comments:

  1. Leah said...

    I think your pizza looks absolutely delicious :) And I have never had a bite of pie that doesn't pair fabulously with vino. Yum!

    1/8/07, 10:20 PM  

  2. Sonadora said...

    Thanks Leah! The pizza is the only thing I've ever made using yeast and it actually works out, which is great. Yeast was taboo in my house growing up, my mother could never get dough of any kind to rise!

    1/9/07, 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment