Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Rose, Rose, I Love You

October 23, 2008

I pulled out the 2007 Thomas Fogarty Rose of Barbera from Fiddletown Vineyards to drink the other night. I picked this up at the winery while Russ and I were tasting for $22. It had a real cork closure and clocked in at 14.1% alcohol by volume. I loved this at the tasting and the fact that it was made from Barbera grapes intrigued me, so I took a bottle home!

All I can say at first about this is wine is YUM! And I loved the bright pink color! On the nose I found slight cream, lime, strawberry, cherry, watermelon, and spice. The nose smelled refreshing and I couldn't wait to drink the whole glass and then some. Overall, the mouth showed the same flavors as the nose, though I got even more red fruit, raspberries, cherries, strawberries, in the mouth than I did on the nose.

In the mouth, the wine showed dry as a bone. It's a crisp Rose with racy acidity. I wish I had found this one when the weather was more suited for Rose as it's just fantastic! I end with the same sentiment I started with: YUM!

6 comments:

  1. Orion Slayer said...

    I have enjoyed rosé wines made from the non-classical grapes. I had one made from Malbec that was really good. The change of pace in the rosé style is a nice change of pace.

    10/23/08, 1:46 PM  

  2. Unknown said...

    With redwoods and wine, that day was magic, wasn't it? And so is that Fogarty rosé. I'm sure happy that you chose me to take you to the magic, Megan. Naturally, it's *your* magic that made my day!

    10/29/08, 6:08 PM  

  3. Sonadora said...

    I agree, I like to see Roses made of unique grapes!

    Thanks Russ! We shall do it again some time soon!

    10/31/08, 6:38 PM  

  4. Wine Road Less Traveled said...

    I find it so hard to find a Rose that I like. There are typically so few choices (and most have too much sugar).

    I'll have to see if I can find this one to try it out.

    4/23/09, 6:52 PM  

  5. 逆円助 said... This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    7/4/09, 5:02 AM  

  6. 精神年齢 said...

    みんなの精神年齢を測定できる、メンタル年齢チェッカーで秘められた年齢がズバリわかっちゃう!かわいいあの子も実は精神年齢オバサンということも…合コンや話のネタに一度チャレンジしてみよう

    7/6/09, 5:35 AM  

Post a Comment