Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Bzzzzzzz

May 19, 2008
The wine for the night was a 2004 Esca Syrah that I purchased in one of my WineQ shipments. It cost me $22.99 (free shipping because I spent over $35 on my order!), had a screw cap closure, and clocked in at 14.5% alcohol by volume. Esca is in Napa, and I've reviewed their Pinot Grigio previously.

On the nose I found vanilla, chocolate, anise, plums, blackberries and spice. I should really sit around smelling my spice rack as I'm not so great at picking out exactly what spice I find in a wine. I can usually get cloves, cinnamon, and a few others, but the rest I just describe as "spice." In the mouth the wine was full of plums, with fresh blackberries, very dark cherries, and anise rounding out the flavors.

The wine is very smooth and fruity up front with a slightly spice and some tannins in the back of the palate, but it's drinking beautifully now. So serve some up now, before your weather gets dreadfully hot and you run for the white wines!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    That's a cool label

    5/19/08, 7:25 PM  

  2. Sonadora said...

    Yeah, I like it. Good wine too :)

    6/4/08, 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment