Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Bye Bye Until the Fall

May 2, 2008
::cries:: This was my last bottle of David Coffaro wine until the fall when my futures case arrives. I wish I could have brought home more, but with the futures case and the 2 bottles I did bring home, I already bought 14 bottles which was more than double the number I bought at any other winery on our trip!

The wine of the evening was a 2005 David Coffaro Zinfandel. I did bring home two bottles of this, but I had purchased one with the intent of giving it to my neighbors as a thank you gift for taking in our mail while we were gone...so it was the only bottle I had for my personal consumption! I purchased this wine at the winery for $26, it had a screw cap closure like all of David Coffaro's wines, and it clocked in at 15.2% alcohol by volume.

On the nose I found vanilla, blackberry, cedar, oak, and espresso. It needed a bit of time to open up, so I was glad I unscrewed it a bit before dinner! In the mouth the wine showed black cherry and blackberry, with a little bit of spice and oak. The fruit tasted very fresh and juicy, I loved this bottle of win.

I served the wine with grilled marinated chicken (I promise it just looks burnt, the marinade crisps up like that!), rice pilaf, and corn on the cob. It worked because the chicken was kind of a heavier dish and had a lot of flavor from being marinated, plus, this was a giant knock you down kind of Zinfandel.

(See the pretty flowers Matt brought me?)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Just for a moment there, I thought you were going to quit blogging for the summer! (But somehow I knew that just couldn't be true!)

    That tasting we did at Coffaro sure was a good one, and I'll be stopping in there again before long - gotta bring some home!

    5/2/08, 12:28 PM  

  2. Sonadora said...

    :) Not hanging it up Russ, though slowing down a bit.

    Coffaro is always one of my favorites...I'm going to have to convince Matt to order some of the 08s without being able to taste them....

    6/4/08, 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment