Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

2003 Hanna Two Ranch Red

April 2, 2007
First off, this wine is not ready to drink without some serious time sitting out or in a decanter. It was hot and full of alcohol on the nose and I couldn't get past that through our whole dinner.

After the alcohol dissipated, I could find the scent of raisins and spice. In the mouth there were plums, black pepper and black currants.

The bottle cost around $20, had a real cork closure and came in a club shipment. Matt tossed the bottle before I could write down what the alcohol content was.

This wine is made from grapes that are deemed not good enough to be made into Hanna's Bismark Red. So I guess it's reject grapes? Kind of interesting that they actually tell you on the website that the grapes didn't make the cut for the better wine. I'm not so sure how I feel about that!

Overall, my assessment of this bottle is that it's a simple, drinkable bottle of red table wine. There's nothing remarkable about it, nor anything bad. But definitely let this one air out before trying to drink it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment